I’ve landed safely in San Francisco. I’m out here for the next week with flowers in my hair studying Restorative yoga with two of my favorite people, Judith and Lizzie Lasater. I can’t wait to share with you what I learn.
In the meantime, if you're looking for a late summer book rec, check out the ones Judith suggested we read to prepare for this training. I’ve found in their pages answers to some of the questions I’ve been searching all my life, a few I didn’t even know to ask.
Relax and Renew® Level 2 Reading List
- Relax and Renew: Restful Yoga for Stressful Times by Judith Hanson Lasater
- Restore and Rebalance: Yoga for Deep Relaxation by Judith Hanson Lasater
- The Female Brain by Louann Brizendine, M.D.
- The Male Brain: A Breakthrough Understanding of How Men and Boys Think by Louann Brizendine, M.D.
- The Heart Speaks: A Cardiologist Reveals the Secret Language of Healingby Mimi Guarneri, M.D.
Can I leave you with another thing to read? I promise it's real quick. My friend Jordan just sent it to me, and it's my new favorite quote. Actually, it's more than that. It's why I'm in San Francisco and why I'm writing to you right now.
Pema Chodron: “Times are difficult globally; awakening is no longer a luxury or an ideal. It's becoming critical. We don't need to add more depression, more discouragement, or more anger to what's already here. It's becoming essential that we learn how to relate sanely with difficult times. The earth seems to be beseeching us to connect with joy and discover our innermost essence. This is the best way that we can benefit others.”
I hope you feel it too.
Here for you,